A traineeship is exclusively for 16 to 18-year-olds and is a fantastic option for those who are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience required.
It is a practical alternative to the formalities of higher education – a unique learning experience that is based upon your aspirations, whether that is to progress into an employed role, an apprenticeship, or to start your own business.
Requiring you to invest a maximum of just six months of your time, it’s the perfect way to boost your career prospects and get your adult-life off to a strong start.
What does a traineeship look like?
- Up to six months
- Numeracy and literacy skills, if needed
- 50% of your time in a high-quality work experience placement
- 50% classroom learning
- Geared to your aspirations
- In particular, our Entrepreneur Traineeship is perfect for those wishing to set up their own business (starting September 2020).
1) High-Quality Work Placement
The course will involve work experience with a local employer which will make up 50% of your time. The employment will be relevant to the career you wish to have.
2) Classroom Time to work on YOU
The rest of the time will be spent in the learning environment gaining formal qualifications related to the field of work you wish to pursue and participating in activities such as team and confidence building.
As part of your traineeship you will also;
- Earn formal qualifications in functional skills
- Work with local employers and gain work experience
- Create an eye-catching CV with a personal profile
- Build your confidence and team-building skills
- Learn about the Interview process
- Get support finding local employment opportunities or progression onto other courses.
- Receive extensive Information and Guidance (IAG) with 1-2-1 job coaching and professional training.
Is a traineeship right for me?
Traineeships are ideal if you are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. If you have been unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other job due to a lack of skills and experience then you are likely to be a good candidate for a traineeship.
A traineeship is probably not right for you if you already have the skills and experience needed to find an apprenticeship or work, if you are 25 years old or older, or you are already employed.
How does the entrepreneur traineeship help with setting up my own business?
You may already have the ideas, and the skills to create your product or service, but are you prepared for the world of business? The classroom time combined with the tailored work placement will give you an unprecedented amount of practical knowledge and real-life insights to make a success of your future venture. The next course begins in September 2020 – simply fill in the form below to register your interest today!
How long does a traineeship last?
The programme can last up to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to your individual career needs.
What are the benefits of a traineeship?
Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace. Traineeships will help to tackle this problem while benefiting you in the following ways:
- The opportunity to build your CV and get valuable work experience with local and national employers, where you are able to learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
- Work preparation training will put you in a better position to compete for an apprenticeship or other employment.
- Maths and English support, if needed, to help you with the literacy and numeracy skills needed to boost your career prospects, as well as improving your long-term chances and earning potential over your lifetime.
- Employers are at the centre of the work experience, which ensures you are ‘work ready’ and have the confidence to take the first step to secure employment and kick-start your career.
- At the end of your work experience, you’ll get an interview with the company if a role is available or an exit interview, together with meaningful written feedback, to help you secure an apprenticeship or other employment.
Why The Square Metre?
Our friendly and approachable staff are on hand to support you at every stage of the process, we also offer a comfortable learning environment at our own facility in the heart of Redditch Town Centre.